Men’s Activity Network was established by Hampshire County Council and European funding as a new way to improve men’s health inspired by the Men’s Sheds movement. Due to the success of this project it is no longer attached to European funding and has become its own entity. Our approach to men’s health has been designed specifically for men: informal, down-to-earth, without dictating strict rules around how to run your group.The Men’s Activity Network is open to local individuals and community organisations in Hampshire.
Members of the Men’s Activity Network could be any group where men regularly meet and take part in a meaningful activity. This could be a workshop, a community allotment, or other type of club based around a particular activity or interest.By joining your group up to the Men’s Activity Network, you’ll join like-minded groups and to help your group to develop a culture and ethos of supporting each other, sharing skills and improving physical and mental fitness.
Joining Men’s Activity Network can offer you:
- Regular networking with other groups - focused on men
- Advice and guidance from other members on how to set up new groups and activities
- Resources to help to improve health and wellbeing
- The opportunity to shape how the Men’s Activity Network develops
- Potential future training and development opportunities